Utilizing the Power of Citrix Workspace Suite on vSphere 6
Remote access, local access, file sharing, mobile devices, WAN performance, it can be daunting.
Today users want to be able to access their data and applications from anywhere, with any device. The concern is how to build a secure environment that allows sharing and accessing files from a desktop, a virtual desktop, a virtual application, or even a mobile device. If users are working in a branch office, then the concern becomes WAN performance.
Citrix offers the Citrix Workspace Suite to help IT address all of these issues. The Citrix Workspace Suite consists of:
- XenDesktop – the only hybrid cloud-ready platform that can deliver Windows applications and devices to any device.
- XenApp – the industry leading solution for virtual application delivery.
- XenMobile – delivers mobile device and application management and enterprise-grade productivity apps to users on any mobile device.
- ShareFile – provides secure enterprise file sync and share services for mobility, collaboration and data security, while meeting the requirements of enterprise business. It is the only industry solution optimized for virtual desktops.
- NetScaler – application delivery controller to optimize, secure, and control the delivery of enterprise and cloud services.
- CloudBridge – accelerates application delivery and WAN performance from enterprise to branch office connectivity.
More about all of these can be found at www.citrix.com.
To help you get started with a new deployment of Citrix Workspace Suite, the Citrix Solutions Lab has created a starter guide called the “Citrix Workspace Suite Reference Architecture”. The following diagram gives an architectural view of the environment.
The initial design was to support 2,000 XenDesktop and XenMobile users, with 500 of those users being at a branch office using IPSec tunnels in NetScaler and application acceleration with CloudBridge. All of this was deployed in vShpere 6 and is documented in the reference architecture.